Make the internet affordable and accessible to everyone
So that no one is excluded from using and shaping the Web
1. By crafting policies that address the needs of systematically excluded groups
- Designing gender responsive and inclusive data plans targeting women and other systematically excluded groups.
- Supporting the development of community networks, particularly in unserved and underserved areas.
- Ensuring user interfaces and customer service are effective, and offered in languages and mediums that are accessible to minorities and people with disabilities, including by respecting universal acceptance principles.
2. By working towards an ever-increasing quality of service
- Documenting and publishing their investments and best efforts approach towards ensuring the speed, reliability and performance of their networks.
- Adopting network neutrality guidelines that ensure citizens enjoy an open, unrestricted and non-discriminatory Internet experience through which they can be not only consumers, but creators and innovators.
- Making progress towards symmetric upload/download speeds to facilitate the work of online creators and the use of interactive applications.
3. By ensuring full use of the internet by all, through a close coordination with Government and Civil Society towards
- Crafting corporate policies that minimize access barriers created by differences in language, location, age and ability.
- Ensuring that applications and services are designed with potentially excluded groups.
- Designing gender inclusive strategies to increase internet access and digital literacy by women and other systematically excluded groups.